- God is good most of the time.
- You need to earn God's favor.
- Some of the Bible's moral commands are irrelevant in today's sophisticated world.
- You are just an ordinary person and not equipped to do much in ministry.
- God will never be happy with you given what you have done.
- Since God is love He will not condemn anyone to eternal hell. In the end it will be OK for most people.
- God does not heal today. That was for New Testament times.
- If someone is sincere they will be accepted by God no matter what their religious path.
- Believing in demons is pretty silly.
- You cannot afford to be financially generous with God. In a few years you will be in a better position and you can do it then.
- Some people are not worthy of God - or for that matter of my attention.
- Grace is for the lost, not for us who already know God.
The evil one is skilled at customizing lies to fit our circumstances and our particular vulnerabilities. Often they play like tapes in our heads and we are hardly aware of them.
How does one counter the lies of Satan? Daily time in God's word where we constantly evaluate our lives and our thinking against His eternal, unchanging, life giving truth. The Psalmist says, "I have hid thy word in my heart that I might not sin against thee." Put another way, I have saturated my mind with God's truth so I know the difference between the lies of the evil one and the truth of God. And I know that one is life taking (Satan) and one is life giving (God).
Remember: "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life,and have it to the full (John 10:10)."
You can only counter the lies of Satan with the truth of God. Spend time with His truth regularly and you will recognize what is not truth. The reason so many Christ followers don't recognize the lies of Satan is that they have not spent enough time in the truth of God. Without knowing truth we cannot know the lies. Scripture matters to our daily lives in more ways than we realize.