Growing health and effectiveness

A blog centered around The Addington Method, leadership, culture, organizational clarity, faith issues, teams, Emotional Intelligence, personal growth, dysfunctional and healthy leaders, boards and governance, church boards, organizational and congregational cultures, staff alignment, intentional results and missions.

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

I am so very thankful

Dear Father:

I have so much to be thankful for this year. Every perfect gift comes from you. You are the source of my hope, the ever present help in trouble, the One who has walked with me through every joy and sorrow I have experienced. You are my rock, my salvation, my savior, my hope, my forgiver and everything I have. You are the great I am!


I thank you my family - all of them and how they enrich my life and challenge me.


I thank you for my Christian family who walk through life with me - fellow pilgrims on the journey.


I thank you for my friends for life who know me for who I am and still love me deeply. Examples of You and Your love.


I thank you for the friends I have seen leave this earth this year who I will one day see again with You. They are examples to me and were Jesus to me.


I thank you for meeting the needs I have. My daily bread is your gift. All that I have is from You and is Your provision.


I thank you for being with me through difficult times. The pain is often real but your presence is even more real.


I am thankful for the disappointments I have encountered this year for they give me the opportunity to trust You.

I thank you for hope. Hope for tomorrow, next week, next month and next year and hope for eternity with You and experience your grace and provision in their midst.


I thank you for the incarnation so that I can know you through Jesus in so real a way. Your visitation to this earth changed my life forever.


I thank you for grace and forgiveness. I need it so very much every day and You are always there and always faithful.


On this Thanksgiving day I simply thank You. You are my greatest gift on every day. 

No comments: