Growing health and effectiveness

A blog centered around The Addington Method, leadership, culture, organizational clarity, faith issues, teams, Emotional Intelligence, personal growth, dysfunctional and healthy leaders, boards and governance, church boards, organizational and congregational cultures, staff alignment, intentional results and missions.

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Signs that we live in grace

How do we measure our grace quotient? Here are some signs to consider:

  • I am at peace with Jesus knowing that He forgave my sin and does so daily. I have nothing to prove to Him.
  • I readily extend that grace to other hurting and broken people without judgment even when I need to speak truth into their lives.
  • I am more interested in the Holy Spirit working in the lives of others than I am in trying to do so myself although I will always loving help if needed.
  • I do all that I can to live at peace with others rather than in conflict.
  • I extend grace to those who treat me badly even if I need to confront the behavior.
  • I intentionally go out of my way to give honor and dignity to those who need it no matter their situation.
  • I go out of my way to extend help and honor to "the least of these."
  • I have no one that I have not forgiven for offenses committed against me or others even when that forgiveness is hard and is done as an act of obedience.
  • I am willing to tell people the truth in grace knowing that ignoring issues is not grace.
  • I daily seek to live out the fruit of the Spirit in my relationships with the help of the Holy Spirit
  • I seek to understand the situation of others when I am irritated with them.
  • I seek to live generously rather than selfishly.
  • I look to the gospels and the life of Jesus to understand what it means to live in grace and extend it to others.
  • I daily ask Jesus for the grace to live in grace.

No comments: