Growing health and effectiveness

A blog centered around The Addington Method, leadership, culture, organizational clarity, faith issues, teams, Emotional Intelligence, personal growth, dysfunctional and healthy leaders, boards and governance, church boards, organizational and congregational cultures, staff alignment, intentional results and missions.

Sunday, October 30, 2011

The key to next year's success is right now!

You may not have thought of this but your success in the coming year will largely be determined by what you do prior to 2012. We start each new year with high hopes and a clean slate but forget that it is the work we do before the start that determines whether or not our hopes are realized. This is true in both our personal and professional lives.


Here are two simple questions that if answered well and acted on will change the nature of the upcoming year:


-What are the one to three things that if I paid attention to in my personal life would help me take a significant leap in my walk with God and my relationships. What is my plan to be intentional in those few areas?


-What are the two or three big rocks that if I paid attention to in my work life would help me take a significant leap in my professional impact. What is my plan to be intentional in those few areas?


Remember that it is not in all the little things that we see the greatest results but in concentrating on a few major things (less is more) that merit our full attention. But clarity on those few things before the new year begins is the key to seeing the results we want to see. Waiting until the year starts will likely mean that we will simply continue in what we have been doing in the past.


If we always do what we always did we always get what we always got! Want to get something new? Plan now!

No comments: